Night Of The Living Deadpool #1 cover by Jay Shaw
Rorschach / Nite Owl by Kevin Nowlan
If you’re looking for a little high-tech in your ugly Christmas sweater, Mark Rober and his company, Digital Dudz, have got you covered. Mark is a former Nasa scientist who spent nine years working on the Curiosity rover before breaking into the novelty clothing business. Mark creates holidays garments which utilize a pouch, the wearer’s smartphone, and a free app to take their festive look to the next level.
His latest efforts make use of a free Android and iPhone app to reinvigorate the tired ugly-Christmas-sweater genre. Download the app, slip your smartphone in the Velcro pouch, and then just stand back smugly sipping your eggnog as the plaudits roll in.
Rober said, “It just blows people’s minds, because for thousands of years clothing has been static. It doesn’t move. And then when it does, people are like, ‘What kind of sorcery is that?’ And then you explain that it’s a phone and they’re like, ‘Oh. Yeah.’”
Here you see a design which features a cozy, flickering fire merrily burning inside the sweater’s kitschy fireplace. This is just one of the five different designs available this year. Click here to view videos demonstrations of all the sweaters.
Mark Rober’s awesomely ugly Christmas sweaters can be ordered here.
Magneto: Not A Hero #1 (2011)
↪ Written by Skottie Young
↪ Art by Clay Mann
The Enemy Within #4
remember the robin cake i made for a friend’s birthday
Elektra - Psylocke - Emma Frost
She is an army brat made good. Not even thirty and she’s already won her first Pulitzer. […] She’s as comfortable interviewing the President in the White House…as she is filing from behind enemy lines in Quraq.
Let’s just say there is only one Lois Lane and leave it at that.
What can be said about Lois Lane that hasn’t been said already? Lois Lane is flawless. Lois Lane is so much more than Superman’s girlfriend, no matter what that Silver Age comic called itself. Lois Lane is brilliant and beautiful and passionate and have we mentioned perfect? Because she’s that, too.
Okay, well, not really; ‘perfect’ characters are really boring, and Lois is anything but that. Lois is probably the best investigative journalist in the world, and certainly the best at the prestigious Daily Planet. Lois Lane is driven. She’s tenacious. She will do whatever it takes to get at the truth, but she’s compassionate in its pursuit. She’s a writer with terrible spelling. She’s acerbic and snarky and ridiculously, wonderfully intelligent. She’s a woman in love with the ideal of Superman and the reality of Clark Kent. Sure, she’s often remembered as the damsel falling inconveniently from tall buildings, but Lois Lane has gone toe-to-toe with Lex Luthor and emerged victorious. Seriously.
If you don’t want to take my word for it, take Bryan Q. Miller’s: “Lois Lane is Clark Kent’s Superman.”
- Fuck Yeah Lois Lane has put together a phenomenal rec list for your reading pleasure.
- Superman: Birthright and Superman: Secret Origins provide a really excellent introduction to the Metropolis crowd, and Lois is fantastic in both
- do not read the All-Star Superman. Grant Morrison has no patience for Lois and butchers her character.
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman is a TV show from the early 90s, & is accordingly so corny but also so great, it’s made of joy and good intentions, & Lois is superb.
- DC Women Kicking Ass conducted a series of interviews with people who have written/done art for Lois Lane and they’re beautiful, you should go read them immediately
- Kelly Thompson’s article on Lois (& a lot of the comments) is fantastic.